what to do, what to do....

Ok here's the thing, me and this girl i know i have been friends for like 5 years. ive always been there for here when she needed advice from guys, or needed help with homework or, if her boyfriend wasn't around and needed company i was there, kinda like an unofficial boyfriend it would seem. she's two years younger than me so back then i never really knew whether i liked her or not. but now she's older and seems more my age, my thoughts of her are different. ive been with her through thick and then, through her relationships, through her family problems, to whom i'm also close with, and i know more than most about her. it seems like we're always together, or talking on the phone. she would come to see me everyday after school last year, and during the time she had a boyfriend, its not like we did anything that would insue cheating. she just came over and hung out. her boyfriend never seemed to mind. but now with them, they fight alot, and i know she's not happy. she tells me, and we talk about it everyday on the phone. anyway what im trying to get to here is, for the past 5 years with her, as a friend, she's always asked me for advice on guys or what she should do next, in terms of a relationship. and im always goin crazy im my mind trying to figure out a way to tell her, YOU and ME!. so i always feel like, hey lets hook up, (in a relationship), but i can never get that out, it seems to me, that im just her friend. and i do like being her friend you know? but i feel that we could be so much more, i know i'd make her happy, it seems we'd go together real well. and its hard to cross that line to discuss that with her. i don't wanna lose any of her attention, i wanna be her friend and be there for her at the same time, forever. but i fear that if i were to try and take it to the next level i would jepeordize things and just ruin it all, and thats the kicker, thats whats keeping me from going anywhere. i know she's likes being around me, i know she thinks im funny, i know she likes to see me and talk to me, yet i just can't read her. i don't know if she's just being my friend or if she's is sometimes, hinting towards something more. im really losing my mind over it, and i know something as powerful as love should never be kept inside. but i dont wanna lose her in anyway friend or girlfriend. I really care about her.

Sorry, about hat, this site actually is pretty good.

OK first off, I'm gonna say life is all about risks and chances, if you don't take them, you'll never get anywhere.

If you love this girl, I suggest you tell her, it's the only way you'll know. There is a good chance after everything you two have been through together that she may feel exactly the same as what you do. Even if she does not, a friendship as strong and as caring as the one you two appear to have, should be able to get through something like this anyway. I had the biggest crush on my best friend and pursued her for about 2 years. She knew I was after her but didn't feel the same way. The whole time I was trying though, and the whole time afterwards to this day we managed to remain friends. If we could manage that, I'm sure you could.

Just say to her, ", I've got something I want to tell you but you have to promise me not to freak out, OK?", then when she asks what, just say to her "After the past 5 years and everything we've been through, I've developed strong feelings for you and have fallen in love with you, and was wondering if you would consider giving you and me a chance". Something along those lines.

Anyway, I hope it all works out for you, good luck

well i actually had a talk with her before i got your response, and i sorda hinted on that subject enough to know what i was talkin about, and she said she didn't look at me like that but more like a brother. and like you said it isn't all that akward she's still callin me everyday, ha anyway when i really think about it, most of the time, we're better off friends. well i just wanted to share that, and thanx for your reply