4 those whose ex. DID contact them after NC..

Ok, not sure which forum to post this question on, all of this breakup stuff seems to get so fragmented between this and the "healing" forum and "breakup" forum. God knows I have posted on all 3 without really really knowing if it was appropriate to "that" forum. I guess I'll post it here 'cos this forum seems to get the most hits. Us desperate dumpees eh? hmm.. very sad.

Anyway MY QUESTION IS:

For those whose ex. contacted them after an EXTENDED period of No Contact (I am not talking about those people who are 3 days without no contact, or 2 weeks) I am talking about, say, 3 to 4 months of NO CONTACT and they called you, or you bumped into them.

What happened? How did you feel? Had anything changed?

That's 3 questions!

I'm only at the 12 day stage so I'm in no position to answer. It is something I have been thinking about a lot though, you know, how would it feel if my ex contacted me again? I think already I'd be cautious as she was/is my first love and this is the first time my heart has been broken. I don't want it to happen again in a hurry.

Who knows what I'll be like in 3 or 4 months. Time to step aside and let the more experienced folk enlighten us...

Rich

How appropriate that these be the thread at the top of the list today when I came to visit.

I unfortunately don't have any answers for you - not quite yet anyway.

It has been nearly four months since of NC for me, but just last week, my ex emailed my a small birthday greeting. It wasn't much, and I imagine that she was trying hard not to give me any other messages that I could read into the email. Since then I have been wondering if I want to send her a birthday greeting, and if I want to break NC.

I am thinking that it might be time to ease up on the NC. Mostly since I just had a very powerful dream about her. I dreamed that I saw her and the first thing I did was to say her name and run up and hug her. There was no hesitation. All of my other emotions seemed to pale in comparison to my care for her. We hugged for a long time, and she asked me I would do her a huge favour. She asked for me to forgive her.

I'm not expert on dreams, but woke with peace in my heart. And I think that I am slowly getting to a place where I am OK with the fact that I still care about her, and I am healing.

So, I am thinking of sending a birthday greeting, and trying to decided if I want to say anything else.

Ideas and comments are always welcome

Mike