Can she be pregnant...?

Um.. my gf and I have had unprotected sex about twice now.. and I always pulled out at least 5 - 10 seconds before I release.. I just let it go on the small of her back or something.. and then wipe all that off.. but she isn't on the pill.. I'm not worried about STD's really.. because no one in my family had them and the same with her.. and we lost our virginity to each other.. but.. what is the likelihood of her being pregnant? I have never released inside of her.. btw we're both 17.

Well, although it's good you pull it out and just don't let it go inside of her...the pull and pray method is not always something to trust. This is because DURING sex (before you pull it out) you still let out fluid, it's almost like prejaculation, but not really. The fluid still contains sperm, which could obviously impregnate your girlfriend. Not a smart idea. Use a condom next time or get her on the pill.

Well, I don't live in Virginia...but my birth control costs $40. Where I live there is a Health Department and they give birth control pills, shots, and condoms out for free. Look on the internet for your area and maybe you will find something.

I'm not worried about STD's really.. because no one in my family had them and the same with her..

Std's don't have anything to do with family medical history. Before you have unprotected sex again you might want to visit your local health department or do some research on std's on the web.

Pulling out is not a reliable form of birth control there is risk of pregnancy. I agree with the others, use condoms until she is on some other form of birth control.

Actually, my mom made me go on the pill. Basically because I've been dating a guy for almost a year, and if we happened to have sex, she knows that I'm protected.....

But to answer ur question, YES she can get it without her mom finding out. Tell her to go to the same gynocologist her mom goes to (I'm sure she knows who it is) and get on the pill that way. IF she does this, she can tell the dr that she doesnt want her mom knowing, and by law the doctor can not tell anyone. This way, if she does to the regular doctor, chances are the pill will be covered by her insurance, and it will probably be free.

If she wants, she can go to a Planned Parenthood facility and get birth control from there, and once again, BY LAW they cannot tell her mother about it, especially if she tells the dr she doesnt want her to know.....

I've found a Planned Parenthood Facility near by.. and I think that that would be the best option.. I've known my gf for over 5 years.. and we've just started dating this past April.. yes it sounds bad that we're already sexually active.. but we figured there aren't anymore "steps" that need to be taken in our relationship because we've already gone through most of them through our friendship earlier..

as for the doctor.. I'm sure they have a gynocologist.. but I know it's a Vietnamese doctor.. and I'm sorry, but vietnamese people in general believe that their own beliefs are above any law, the second my gf asked for pills, they would call her mother in a heart beat.

asians.... =\

I was reading this clinic's site.. and they have emergency contraception... what exactly does that involve? If my gf has to go through it, I think that I should know what is involved in the process also..

Emergency Contraception is something like the Morning After Pill. It should be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex. Basically, its a mini-abortion. If she happened to become pregnant when you had sex, the morning after pill kills the fertilized egg. Its an extremely early abortion, basically.

There are many side effects of it. She's going to feel crappy if she has to take it. She'll have stomach cramps, a headache, most likely wont want to eat, sometimes diarreah....kinda depends on the person really.

Do you think that I would need to take her to get emergency contraception in regards to my situation? i pulled out well before i released, and i was fully out of her whole pubic region.... i read ur older post about your friend... i'm hoping (i know i could have prevented this) that the vagina's natural acidity kills anything else.. whatever may come out during sex can't be anything compared to actually fully ejaculating inside a girl, can it?

Well theres obviously a greater chance of her getting pregnant if you ejaculate inside her. But regardless, pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum) still contains sperm, so there is still a very small chance that she could get pregnant.

As for getting the emergency contraception-- thats totally up to her. If this was me, I would get the emergency contraception. It is definitely worth me feeling crappy for a day or two than have to care for another life at such a young age.

Just talk to your gf, and next time, just use condoms!

Emergency Contraception (also called the Morning After Pill) has to be taken within 72 hours (or something close to that). Its a hig dose of birth control pills. The most common side effect is nasea. I took it once after the condom broke & Family Planning told me to get motion sickness pills from the drug store just in case I got nasous.

If your girlfriend is going to get emergency contraception, she is going to have to go thru a doctor. And by lawa (HIPPA), doctors cannot contact her family. If they do they will be fined $10,000 (or $25,000). I still think Family Planning is the best bet. They will ask your girlfriend where to contact her & ask if tyhey can call her at home.

Yeah JonnyG, I agree.

Its not like condoms are too expensive either. People, whats the big deal here? Its just a condom!! Then you wouldn't have to worry so much about her getting pregnant.

So many people are writing about "sex w/ out a condom, she's late on her period" Well, DUH! Ugh, common sense here!

Exactly!

I mean, I've never had sex before, but I have used condoms while giving my bf blow jobs simply because I didnt know what to expect, and stuff.

But either way, during foreplay a girl can put the condom on him using her mouth or hands or whatever. It takes like 10 seconds to put it on, but its a lifetime of protection

I think I speak for a lot of people with that "constructive remark". Its a simple case of responsibility and some people don't take enough. Worse still, it takes 2 to tango and neither takes the responsibility.

I posted a thread about this. There is no excuse and yet these threads come up nearly everyday, and people keep saying "it spoils the mood". What c**p. Like the June and computer guy said , u can do it in foreplay, the girl can put it on with her mouth or something, its no hassle. Look at the consequences of not using 1? Pregancy or STD's. Is it worth the risk?

There are people here willing to take the chance of getting something as serious as AIDS all because "it spoils the mood".

If you really want to have sex without a condom with a gf then at least get her to take the pill. If she is not on the pill, and your not going to bother wearing protection, then don't be surprised if she gets pregnant. Im sorry to sound harsh but the phrase "When will people learn" springs to mind.

Smarten up, wear a condom.

EDIT: Heres link to my thread

link removed

I notice u have read it already.

• 1 year later...