I dont feel guilt??????????????

robertpaulsen

ok its been about a month since my ex found out i cheated and we broke up, since then ive been trying to get her back trying to talk to her. i realised last nite after a long abusive phonecall from her that i never apologised for what i did to HER just for what i did? not for the emotional rollercoaster or the betrayel or humiliation. thing is im only sad to lose her,like ive cried and have been severely depressed but no guilt. even when i did cheat hours before going home to her and lying about my night out i never felt guilt, even when i knew i would be caught i still lied and i only feared gettin caught not that i was hurting someone i loved. i do love her we had an amazing relationship with nothing missing . why cant i feel guilt even in normal life i do things that are really immoral and dont care, the obly reasoning i use is getting caught not doing wrong. whats wrong with me?](*,)

Whats wrong with you? I don't know but you have certainly behaved extremely selfishly. You care more about your ego than you ever did this girl and you can't possibly have loved her as much as you said you did. How can you have had "nothing missing"? If that were truly the case then you would't have needed to look for something else, elsewhere. If I were you, I would let this girl go. She deserves to find someone who will treat her with the respect she deserves.

Now ... as for you, well, maybe there is something underlying that is making you behave/think/feel this way. At least you have finally recognised that your behaviour isn't acceptable. With that in mind you should work on yourself and on getting to the root of the problem BEFORE embarking on another relationship. Maybe counselling would help.

Therapy..yes. And if i were you...i would not be trying to get her back.

For what? So you can do it again to her? Feed YOUR ego? To validate yourself?

I have been in her position and it's not fun.

Do the right thing. Don't pursue her.

Fix what is wrong with you before you get into your next relationship.

I'm so jealous. I wish I could not feel guilt. I feel guilty whenever anything bad happens which I'm even tangentially related to. I feel guilty when I give poor advice. I feel guilty if I'm late for a meeting. It keeps me up at night if I accidentally step on someones foot.

I think maybe you don't understand how guilt feels. Guilt isn't always that obvious tearing apart feeling. Sometimes it nags and sometimes it stabs. Maybe you think you don't feel guilty, but clearly at the very least you feel guilty for not feeling guilty and something is keeping you up at night. Whether or not it is hidden in other emotions (defensiveness after the discovery, anger at the reactions) is immaterial. Look inside yourself and find the sincerity to apologize properly, and then move on.

Archived