buff or very fit?

First of all thank you guys for viewing my topic, also I'd like to say anyone is welcome to reply...

I've been considering whether to become buff (with fat but mostly muscle) or muscular and skinny, (like marathon runners)...Which means I will either be doing some serious weight training or a strenuous sport...Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I try to go for a mixture, so i have more muscle than most, but less fat than most. Trying to look like the guys on "mens health" magazines. To me thats the perfect sort of body.

U have to get the balance right. I try to to do 3 months of bulking, where i eat more (dont mind much of what i eat and drink, but usually a load of meat for protein and pasta for carbs) and concentrate on weights 3 x a week.

Then 2 months of CV (running and rowing) where im on a diet of 2000 cals and try to lose fat but maintain muscle, so i keep the protein up but eat low fat food. So for the week I do 5 days (mon-fri) i do 3 x hour sessions of CV, and 2 x weight session where i just try to maintain the weights and reps but dont try to improve. As u can imagine though, due to less eneery, u drop a bit of performance in the weights department.

An easier way to get a nice balance though would be just to stick to rowing and running. There great for toning up. Improving fitness, Lose body fat, and put muscle on. Rowing helps develop the upper body especially the back and get the "V" shape. While running obviously firm up those legs.