My height is 5ft2 (1.59mt) tall, what should my ideal weight be?

I'm just under 5'4 and I'm 155lbs. I am pretty curvy, but still would be considered thin. But I do pretty intensive karate training three times a week, so those numbers probably aren't the average!

Don't worry too much about how much you weigh once you start working out. When I started a few years back i lost weight for a while and then gained it all back and more in muscle. It's more about how you feel and how your body actually looks rather than the weight.

I'm 5'2'' and when I felt the sexiest was before I was pregnant which was at 105-110. I naturally have wide hips and full thighs so any weight I put on only accentuates this because my waist just never goes above 24'' around.

I'm currently 125 (I've been going between 118-125 for the past 2 years since my daughter was born) and I don't feel fat, but I don't feel toned (which is what I like to be).

Let's lose weight and tone up together!

I'm going back on the diet I had in high school when I was crazy athletic, eating no more than 1,000 healthy calories (fruits, vegetables, yogurt, fish and chicken) and trying to squeeze in 1.5 hours of exercise as much as possible per week.

Weight is so confusing because you can weigh less andappear fatter because muscle weighs more than fat. So even when u start working out the numbers fluctuate unevenly. For instance I'm 5'8.5 and 140 but when I drop to 120 or something without muscle I look fatter. So when I start working out I get upset bc the numbers won't drop fast enough but it's bc ur also converting fat to muscle which will make u weigh more.

Weight is so confusing because you can weigh less andappear fatter because muscle weighs more than fat. So even when u start working out the numbers fluctuate unevenly. For instance I'm 5'8.5 and 140 but when I drop to 120 or something without muscle I look fatter. So when I start working out I get upset bc the numbers won't drop fast enough but it's bc ur also converting fat to muscle which will make u weigh more.

Try focusing more on intensive cardio workouts, and spend at least 15 minutes stretching. I stretch a lot; when I build muscle it builds lean and toned. Stay away from compression-type exercises as these will add width in muscle. General compression-type exercise are anything that weighs your body (particular limb/muscle) down or "in" like squats while carrying a lot of weight. Stick to free moving exercises and light weights ^_^

Little tips from my figure skating body

I'm 5'2'' and when I felt the sexiest was before I was pregnant which was at 105-110. I naturally have wide hips and full thighs so any weight I put on only accentuates this because my waist just never goes above 24'' around.

I'm currently 125 (I've been going between 118-125 for the past 2 years since my daughter was born) and I don't feel fat, but I don't feel toned (which is what I like to be).

Let's lose weight and tone up together!

I'm going back on the diet I had in high school when I was crazy athletic, eating no more than 1,000 healthy calories (fruits, vegetables, yogurt, fish and chicken) and trying to squeeze in 1.5 hours of exercise as much as possible per week.

Yeah sure lets lose weight Pm me when you want. Im 24 and i gained weight over summer last year and this year my clothes wont fit me especially my skinny jeans and i feel huge lol. I want to weigh at least 98lbs..

Can I get in on the weight loss? I'm currently at 124, but would really like to get down to 115 or below in the next month. I'm in my early/mid twenties and want to be in spring break shape.

hey yeah sure u can,pm me and we will set this up and lose weight. I have to lose the weight i am so determined now..

As has been said, weight is tricky. Bone density, muscle mass etc. Unless you want to jump into a DEXA machine to get proper readouts, I wouldn't worry too much about it haha. Body-Mass Index is very general, so I wouldn't rely too much on that.

Stick to the cardio, some high rep/low weight exercises for toning legs/arms and you'll be good to go. at least 25 minutes on cardio @ around 130-150 heart rate for optimal fat burn. Good luck ladies!

Archived