Feeling bored,tired and annoyed with everything.. Am I depressed?

Debra_Wilson

Lately I've been feeling very blah. I just feel so lonely and disappointed with life. I'm not really finding anything fulfilling and worthwhile and most of the time I've become avoidant of people in my life because I just find myself annoyed with them. I just feel like everyone is happy but me and it's like I'm crying for some answers or help, but no matter what I do, I'm not getting any answers.

I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm horribly lonely. My life is so bland and routine with a busy work schedule and on my off days I'm so burnt out, I don't really do anything else. I could make friends with people but I find myself bored with most of the people I come in contact with. Most times I feel like I make friends with people I can't really relate to. So most of the time, the friendship fades before it really starts.

I've tried going out and trying to meet people but I always find myself socially awkward and feel out of place in social settings,usually finding myself wanting to leave and go home because I didn't connect with anyone. I find myself looking around watching everyone else connect while I sit there by myself not noticed at all.

I'm also very heartbroken over liking a guy at my job who I found out was married. I really think he was the perfect guy and I haven't got over him. My love life always suck, I just never seem to get the man I want and I think that's what I'm most depressed about. My always non existent love life...

I've yearned for affection so much that I stooped so low to have one night stands with guys I met online.. I've only been with 2 guys so don't judge me and it was protected but that's how lost I feel. I guess what I really want is love but I'm not seeming to get that from anyone..

Do you have any hobbies? Anything you enjoy doing or are passionate about? If you feel out of place in social settings, it might be easier to connect with people who have similar interests as you. I'm sure you could find some club or organization that suits your interests and where you can meet lots of friends. Nothing is wrong with you, you just have to keep looking.

Do you have any hobbies? Anything you enjoy doing or are passionate about? If you feel out of place in social settings, it might be easier to connect with people who have similar interests as you. I'm sure you could find some club or organization that suits your interests and where you can meet lots of friends. Nothing is wrong with you, you just have to keep looking.

That's the thing.. I've lost interest in my hobbies. I used to write and draw all of the time and I used to vlog on youtube but I've lost my creative juices and I'm just not entertained by it. I just feel so numb with everything.

I am probably not the best person for these kind of advice but I will try...

I think the whole idea of seeking "purpose" is kind of an alien-concept to me. Why do you need purpose? Isn't endless enjoyment enough? Go make money, spend money, have fun, just live and die in vanity. Are you lacking "purpose" in a spiritual way or in a interpersonal way? Do you want some sort of spiritual guidance or do you simply want someone to share your happiness and success? If it's the former than you need some kind of religion... If it's the latter then it's only a matter of time before you find someone.

I personally believe that during your "downtimes" when you are not with someone, you need to focus internally and BETTER yourself. Get more educated, get another degree, get a promotion, learn another language... Do something to distinct yourself from the rest so you will be a better competitor in the dating market. I know that a lot of "positive thinking" girls that I know who would just yoga or work out or focus on a good book or something during their "downtimes" in between relationships. This helps them build confidence and keeps them in top shape physically and mentally. It would be a whole lot harder for a beautiful, intelligent, success person to be depressed than for an average person.

Archived