i messed up

hey well im not sure how old you are, but that is really immature. you seem to be more upset that you're alone than about dumping your gf for a reason such as this. you didnt say if there were other reasons for breaking with your gf, but if this was it, for a sexual attraction to another girl which you must have barely known to say the least, that was just wrong. i hate to say it but you got what you deserve in this case. again, i dont know the details so forgive me if there are other factors that keyed in, but from you post, its very insensitive. you dont really seem interested in your ex either, so the best thing to do is to move on, let things flow and if you like someone go for it and if not then just enjoy your time as a single guy.

You couldn't have cared a lot about her if you dumped her to date someone else now, could you?

If you do genuinely care about her (although that's not what it sounds like) and you do really want to get back with her, talk to her. And beg. A lot. And before you do that, get one or more of the following: flowers, chocolate, jwelery.