Love doesn't always follow the same rules.

There are a lot of people on here who think there is a set path for love. There isn't. The outcome of every relationship is different.

For an example, many people say that a break is just as good as completely breaking up, where one partner really just wants to let the other down easily. That's not true for all. Maybe some, but not all. A little time off made my boyfriend and I realize many things that brought us so incredibly close, as miserable as that time off was

Some think that if you let the other person see a miserable side of you during a break, that the other person will think you're pathetic and not want you back. Again, not true for all relationships. In truth, I was that miserable person begging for my guy. He says it made him see how in love I really was to be able to show my feelings so openly.

These type of things are different for different relationships. A break may be good for some, but terrible for others. Crying for a person may be bad for one relationship, but great for another. It's difficult to say what will happen or what someone should do or say. It's your call how you act in a relationship, because noone can really know what the outcome will be.

I just wanted to add one thing here because you said In truth, I was that miserable person begging for my guy. He says it made him see how in love I really was to be able to show my feelings so openly.

Im glad this worked for you but in a lot of cases all that your begging would do would be to let a guy know he could treat you anyway he wanted , and even if you fought all he would have to do is lay back, and sooner or later, youd come running back for more.

So, your right I guess , each case is different. Im glad things worked out for you. I dont know why you split up or what went on, but Im just curious if your boyfriend made any moves to get back together to show how much he loved you? I hope it was mutual.

I agree that every situation is unique. I think it is essential to be true to who you are, that way you never have regrets! You will always know that you did what was right for you, and that takes courage!

If someone doesn't want the real you, move on, don't waste your time...and NEVER act like someone you are not to please another person, it is dishonest and it doesn't work in the long run!