The "I love you" phrase

What does it mean? You can love someone as a friend or as a girlfriend/boyfriend or your soulmate, not to mention other possibilities.

I want all of you experts to answer me now.

Many have said: "Huh, they're together for a few weeks and already love each other. It takes time." Or: "I've spent so and so years with my boyfriend/girlfriend, until we've admitted that we loved each other, etc., etc., etc...

My problem is, I care for somebody (other side of the world, never met yet ) and we already use the 'I love you' phrase. Just as friends for now. But every time I say (or write, as you wish) it, I feel odd. I'm not sure what I feel. Do I really love her only as a friend? No... I love her because of who she is. And then, I start thinking if this is right or wrong.

I haven't even met her in real life and already have feelings for her. Is this really so wrong? Would it really mean that it's a lost hope? An imaginary love that can never be true?

Somebody explain me this phrase...

Just because you have never met someone it doesn't mean you cant love them. If you talk to them online via MSN or whatever, what you fall in love with is the person and the personality of that person, without the barrier of the physical side.

Plus when all you have is words to express yourselves to each other, it gives a much higher level of communication than a lot of couples who are together in person have.

Theres nothing wrong with it, it doesn't matter where or how love affects you, it can never be wrong.

I think you shoudl always trust your feeling. If you love her more than a friend then you do. There is no rule to say when you can say you love somebody weather its been a day sense you have knows them or ten years. You dont have to met someone to love them either. Its what you believe that counts. Not what everyone else says.

Good LUck with this

ive been through the same. met boyfriend online, he said "i love you" on our second chat (one week after our first chat), but i didnt reply with the same line. took me a number months to finally say it. now we're a couple for one year +.

though i doubted him when he said it, cause its quite too soon. but he proved otherwise.

i agree with computerguy, its the personality you fall in love with, without the barrier physical of the physical side.

however, you must also be very careful. u would know, maybe they're just playing with our feelings. hurts like hell if we had already invested so much emotions then turns out we're fooled.

good luck

there are a lot of types of love actually. platonic and romantic for example. platonic is the kind of love you have for a brother or mother or just a really close friend. romantic on the other hand is the kind of love we hear about the most i.e. for a sweetie. the phrase 'i love you' can mean either of these. it is upto the person/(s) to decide what kind of love it really is.

i tell ya what, saying something only goes so far, when you truly love somebody, you will give up something no matter what it is, for her to be happy, you throw out all your old (devil music) just for her to be happy. u love her everything, she makes you so happy, u love her for it. Just to know that she likes you back makes you like her. But when you both are in a state where you would give anything just to be with the other one, that is true love. like a lot of times youl see a hot girl walking by, and you want to say hi, when you do u find that a lot of times its not love, u dont click, it dosn't work. then sometimes you find a girl that works perfect. i think that is what true love is.

thats my 2 cents

totally agreed with jopo, love is like WANTING to give up anything just to see a smile on her face. not being able to get her out of ur head. and smiling for no reason just when u think of her. feeling like you're about to burst if u dont scream or laugh.... truly this is one feelin that is absolutely indescribable!

let those who think love is a chemical reaction chew on that!