A text from him in error tonight ...

marsbars

I thought that we were making progress but now I think it's a step back. We talked on the phone last night and discussed getting together today. He said that he wanted to sleep on it. He emailed me this morning and said that he thought it might be a bad idea ... but that he still wanted to see me. I asked him what his concerns were.

He said that he hadn't had an opportunity to deal with his issues; he was worried about both of us getting hurt; he was worried about getting back together and ending up in the same place a few months from now.

On a positive note, he said that he really missed me, wanted to hold me, wanted to explore our connection further, and that he had enjoyed our recent conversations. And those are big reasons, he said.

He said that he was really torn and I told him that we should hold off. He asked for a 2-3 weeks so that he could get his head around everything. I replied that I would be open to it.

Any advice? Need to protect myself but also want to explore these feelings...

One foot in and one foot out.

Our conversations have been amazing recently. Open and honest. He's asked that we take things really slow. He not ready yet but wants to see me in a couple of weeks. I feel vulnerable and I'm scared of getting hurt again.

Should I take a risk?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived