i have this ex whom i think is spreading a rumor about me that i have recently BEGGED him to court me again..honestly, i DID try tell him that i still love him but he did not listen..but i seriously did NOT BEG for him to court me.he studies at my former school and i'm in a different university. My bestfriends (both those studying at his school and at another university) have also heard about that rumor too.i have not confessed to them that i tried to get back together with him and he rejected me.would it be wrong if i got mad at my ex knowing that i also had my share of mistake?

Ok, your post is a little vague, love.. Could you clarify things a little bit for us? Here are the things that confuse me, but I will help you with what I can:

i DID try tell him that i still love him but he did not listen..but i seriously did NOT BEG for him to court me.

Here you say that you did tell him that you still loved him, but--

confessed to them that i tried to get back together with him and he rejected me.would it be wrong if i got mad at my ex knowing that i also had my share of mistake?

Here you say that you DID try to get back together with him.. So the rumor is about you BEGGING him to want to date you again? Very different from just telling someone you loved him.

My first impression is that he misunderstood what you were trying to tell him the last time you spoke, which triggered the rumor. He probably took you telling him that you loved him still as a poor attempt to guilt trip him into dating you again.

Yet, you refer to 'a mistake"-- but it sounds like a mutual one? In other words, did you BOTH do something to one another to cause the break-up? What happened? Did you both cheat on eachother? Spreading rumors about someone is a very childish thing to do as well, and if it were that he doesn't want anything to do with you-- I'd say take the out.

But again, your post is rather vague.. if you could share a little bit more detail, perhaps I'd be more confortable in sharing my opinion instead of assuming...