Is it normal to always feel the need to talk?

Len

Is it wrong or something if I feel the need to want to talk to my friend like every day just to make my day good? Like if I call him or text him and I don't get a reply for a long time, I feel very very bad and it just KILLS my whole day until he calls me I get rejuvenated. Whenever he doesn't pick up or answer a text I get paranoid and think "omg he's with a girl or something ffff.." So whenever he does pick up, I try to ask what he's doing and it'll always be him just coming home for a 2am closing shift from a restaurant. He's a food runner who does various things at the restaurant, do good looking food runners usually get laid at night or something..? I know this question is totally irrelevant but just curious..

I know his hours of work time so I usually call when he would sure to be awake. I always end up asking him if I'm a burden or bother when i call him but he tells me that I shouldn't feel that way because of all the things I've done for him..I don't know why but I always always want to talk to him, and know what he's up to. It's like I'm obsessed with him. I hate this cycle that I go through every single day. I want to stop it.

Here's the rule of thumb for opposite-sex friends: Would you do the same with a girl friend? If the answer is yes, then it's fine. If the answer is 'no', then it's about more than friendship... you are doing it because he's a guy.

Have you ever felt the need to talk to a girl friend like this? To wonder where she is, what she's doing, who she's having sex with? I'm going to guess "no".

Methinks you like him as more than a friend...

• 1 month later...

dont worry, i can be like this with all my friends, whether they are male or female. I dont think about what they are doing or anything but if i txt and dont get a reply it does screw up my day... i feel like ive done something. I also tend to read way to much into stuff. like the other day at work a colleague mentioned that she was heading over the cafe for lunch cos some of the other office people were there. I said i would go with her and when we got there one of the guys in the office whom ive always considered a good friend was there. I was really offended that he had gone to the cafe and not asked me if i wanted to go. stupid isnt it.

What im saying is i know how you feel and it does suck at times

Archived