Conversation Help for Married Fool

I am on the verge of losing my Wife, and it's all because i don't know what to say to her when we go out. If we go for a meal, we sit in silence and i can't think anything, apart from work and kids, to talk about. It's the same when we go out dancing, i can see her wanting me to talk to her, but again, i don't know what to say. We've been married for 12 years !!! I know that when we go out, that she doesn't want to be seen as a mum, and she's not really interested in my work, so i find myself looking dumb. I don't know what makes her laugh, and all i seem to do is make her cry. I need help !!!!!

I think it would help to get back to your roots. Remember back when you were in love with your partner in the beginning? Surely you have some basis for your relationship on communication.

You could try finding new hobbies to explore together, or go out somewhere like a museum and point out interesting things to each other. Use the evironment to bring up things to talk about. Once the ball starts rolling it should be easier

Good luck.

8)

I agree with hurtbylove. You should really go back to your roots. You have a relationship with her, for goodness sakes you are married...it's not like you both woke up one day and decided to get together. So...think about the things she used to like and slowly bring that back. There are so many things you can do together...

And/or your marriage might be lacking some creativity, too. If you sit on the couch and watch TV nothing is going to change, so you really have to put yourself into it. And there are no bigger reasons to do this than to still have your wife and your kids around you when you get old.

How about sex? Do you still do it with her? I know it's sort of a private question, but a sexual life is really important to maintain a marriage. So if you don't, talk to her about it, ask her how she feels and try to bring that back to your life again. If you do, great, just spice things up a bit. Sex-shops are everywhere these days.

Well, good luck and let us know what happened!

Eurynome is right. You guys didnt just wake up one day and get married like Britney Spears did.

Before, how did you make her smile when she was sad, or make her calm when she was mad. you should try taking your children with you to places, since kids like to talk a lot. or you can take her on vacation to a real romantic place and sweet talk her there. dont be scared... shes your wife

Hi WestonYorkie,

Do not fret. Things like these sometimes happen in a marriage, when the mundane seems to overwhelm everything and only the silence remains.

There is much you can do to strike up your conversations with your spouse again. For example, bring her to the bookstore or the movies. I am sure that it will at least give you a starting point to begin with.

Pay more attention to every detail of her words and body language too. Do not force a topic on her when she's not interested, it might just make matters worse.

All the best.