So Much Can Change In Three Days

mysteryman

I'd like to begin by thanking any and all that take the time to read this.

A couple weeks ago I received a friend request from a girl that I had briefly talked to once. I really didn't give it a whole lot of attention, until we started talking on there. She began complimenting my looks and gave me her number. It was the next day she texted me and suggested that we try hanging out. I was reluctant for several reasons, but we hung out briefly and had fun. A couple days later we had dinner and it was even more fun than the first encounter. We kept texting and we saw each other a couple more times briefly as well. Thanksgiving break came (We're both college students) and things were great, on Thanksgiving she was talking about how much she wanted to see me and we began talking about the potential of dating.

Yet, if this was still the situation I would not be seeking advice. On Friday, she came back to the college for work (I live in the town of the college) and we had previously agreed to hang out on Friday. I hadn't heard from her that day. I went to the bank and on my return trip she explained that she had gone back home and that her phone was dead, and that's why she hadn't texted me. Yet, I knew it was all a lie, because her apartment (when she said home, she meant her hometown) and her car was there. I asked her about it very calmly and casually. She explained that she was really tired and didn't wish to hurt my feelings by giving the true excuse for not hanging out. She apologized and asked if I was mad, and I explained that I wasn't but I was going to have to think about it. Which the next day I told her that I wasn't upset over it.

Then the last three days she has barely spoken to me. Saturday, Sunday and Monday yielded only conversations that I started, prior she had texted me first everyday even multiple times. I asked her today if we could hang for a bit and she explained that she had a lot of homework to do (it's the week before finals), and I then asked her if she would be up for going to a school ball. I did not receive a reply.

The major question is, what would be the best course of action? Should I just stop talking to her and hope that absence makes the heart grow fonder? The other scenario being that I ask to see her for a few minutes to talk and try to figure out just what the problem is.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mysteryman

I think one of a few things may be going on:

1) she likes a game of cat and mouse and isn't interested beyond a flirting relationship (i.e. she got turned off knowing you wanted more).

2) something happened over Thanksgiving - met another guy, reunited with an ex, etc.

3) she is still interested but is playing hard to get

It's possible of course none of these three are the scenario - but those are just my guesses. If you like playing the hard to get game in the beginning, play right back. Personally, I can't stand it and it would be an instant turnoff to me (whether she was playing hard to get or not interested, I would lose interest at this point you're at). However, I know some people like an initial chase so if you don't mind that, it's worth sticking around a bit longer to see what happens.

Yikes...it doesn't sound good to me my friend.

All you can do is ask again...but give it a day or two. If she backs out or doesn't want to make plans, its done.

If someone really likes you they will make every attempt to see you, its that simple.

Best of luck, but if it doesn't work out with this one, they'll be others...trust me!

Archived