Is it ever really possible to start over with an ex??

The title explains it all...just curious as to if anyone has ever been able to truly start a clean slate with their ex and put their past issues behind them that caused the break-up. Then become friends or get back together and everything actually work out for the better. Of course this would have to be after both of you talked about everything and cleared the air. Also about how long did it take?

if you read the thread " getting back together really happens" in the getting back together section, there are stories of couples who were apart from anywhere 3months-2 years and got back togethere for good. They either worked out their problems while apart from their S.O. or when they came back, they took a while to work out their problems before attempting to get back together.

I believe that you can make it work with an ex but there has to some things done in order for it to work:

one: you both work on yourselves and there has been a period of significant growth;

two: both people have to be 100% commited to making the relationship to work again ;

and lastly: all the problems that broke up before have been addressed and resolved and you both are ready to move forward.

I think this can really happen. Only you know when you are ready. And your EX will know when they are ready. I'm 1.5 yrs from the breakup. At around 10 months we started seeing each other. She was way farther along in healing. As a result we ended up cutting things off again. You'll know when your ready, but it will mean EVERYTHING about the previous relationship is behind you. You will feel as though you are meeting an old friend, and NOT "the EX". I'm not quite there yet, and now I van atleast be honest with myself. I think I could have blown the reconciliation chances with the reconnect and me not being ready, so try not to make that mistake, but I like to think to myself "true love finds a way", so who knows what will happen. Just try to enjoy your life alone until someone, whoever that might be, comes into your life...

Archived