First time Internships! Would like advice please!

Lauren8785

For those who can relate to this topic; I would very much appreciate your advice!

I am thinking about going back to college to finish up my degree in Human services. I only have my internships left. I didn't finish do to personal reasons and a humongous amount of fears (I know- I know dumb on my part Anyway, I do want to better my future and not be working where I do now. My problem is I still have those fears. I am not afraid of actually doing it and all the work, but afraid of what the people who guide me while I do the internship will think of me if I make mistakes!! If I make a mistake I don't want them to automatically assume I am dumb or not competent enough to do the job and they will say good-bye to me! Usually, I don't care what people think of me outside a business world because they don't matter to me but this is totally different. Here you do have to care what they think of you, so you can be hired or have good recommendations if I chose to go else where. To me this is a bit nerve racking

Have any of you felt the same way? Please, what did you do to get over it? Thanks

I was scared to death to do my internship, turned out it was very much like the work world only I wasn't paid. I did work my tail off and was given a rave review. They couldn't believe they got me for free, I just wish other organizations would see the gem that I am and actually hire me for a full-time position starting after college. I'm getting nervous about that part now, just as I was nervous about the internship. The reason I worked for free was to be sure I actually got an internship.

Archived