nope, not at all strange. People will say they do, but since I like to usually give some kind of number to everything I say, I'd probably say 30-40% have, 60-70% haven't (although 20-30% will say they have). It will happen when it happens, but don't put yourself into a situation where bad things could happen, and don't just go with someone for that sole reason, make sure he/she is worth it.

Your just fine. matter the fact it is the norm not to have any relationships

at that age. MOST of my friends had only one or two low key relationships until collage. But that didnt mean that thay wanted it that way. just wait until someone good comes along. and the older you and they are the better it's going to be.

• 1 month later...

there is nothing abnormal about that. all sorts of different things happen to different people, and what one sees in movies or reads in books (about love and romance) are usually "idealized" experiences.

one of my male cousins (like a brother to me) had sex for the first time at age 12 (in a one-year relationship), and yet he never kissed or necked with the 15-year old girl. he just did not know how to... too young in his particular case to 'feel' the need for 'closeness'... how she felt, i do not know...

after that relationship, he did not have sex with anyone. when he was 15 he was freaked out about not having kissed a girl ! so, he asked a girl whom he knew (he also knew that she was crazy about him) and they went out to a hillside one evening and kissed and necked a bit. after that, he was okay. they repeated the date-necking a couple of times and that was it.

he never kissed again until he fell in love (with someone else) at 18.

so, anyways, that is the story. he perhaps was a bit cruel in that he 'used' that girl at 15 just to get over his 'not kissed' complex. on the other hand, she at least got to kiss him (don't they say that it is better to have loved and lost, than not to have loved at all ?)

my recommendation to you is that there is no need to rush things. it will happen on its own. but if you really overworry, get help from one of your girlfriends. she could set you up with someone whom you may like. just keep this in mind: when you kiss or let someone kiss you, make sure he is a nice person, who deserves that very first kiss of yours.

as for the rest (heavy petting that easily turns into unplanned sex), with all the STD's around, better wait if you can. older boys are more likely to agree to not go too far without a mutual showing of STD's tests. it is not the ultimate in romance, and seldom seen in the movies or TV, but it is the thing to do, if you wish to preserve your reproductive health. i myself, am not a prude or a saint, but i would rather go without than to date anyone who is not willing to test.

cheers ! -- yllany