D and I started off as friends 4 years ago, have dated on and off 3 times over the past 4 years. I have feelings for him, but I am not sure if he have feelings for me. He has told me that I am not the typical girl he would date or be attracted to. Or am I just his toy? The last time we went out as boyfriend/girlfriend was July 2010. I was with someone at that time and D told me that he knows that my boyfriend and I at that time would not work out and convinced me that he is the one for me, based on our 4 year friendship and how well we known each other. But I also know that I am in and out of his life as he pleases. 3 weeks into the relationship, things begun to fall apart, a month into the relationship, we are on break with each other. Part of the reason why we are on break is I think he used me for sex, he knows that I have feelings for him and knows I would agree to something like that with him. The break is set at 5 months, 10 days later, I talked to him and shorten our break to 3 months.

It has been a month and a half since then, and three days ago, he sends me a text message “sup you around?” and I don’t know what to do. He probably assumed I’d jump at the first chance at reconciliation with him, as friends, but things have changed, I have changed, I mean I still care about him and he probably care about me too (unless he is doing this out of habit). Sigh I don’t know anymore. A part of me is curious about his reason for contacting me while another part of me refuses to let him back into my life. What should I do? Let him back into my life? Ask him what he wants? Wait it out to see if he’ll contact me again? Let it be and stay firm with my decision to cut him out of my life?

I also know that he can pretend nothing has happened but the problem now is that I can’t.

I was fine before his text message and now I’m a mess. He has certainly popped up on my mind more often. Contacting him has certainly popped up on my mind more often.

What would you do? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

You need to stay firm in your decision. He is using you and knows exactly how to manipulate you to do as he pleases. If you had to take a break that soon from getting into a relationship, that is not good. You should not have to take a break at all, really. In a relationship you should work through things together and communicate about what you want and need. This 'relationship' does not sound healthy and I think it is in your best interest to move forward and leave him behind.

Archived