What I normally do is gently press and massage in a circular motion very slowly on my girlfriend's lower abdomen where the cramps are. The warmth from my hand, combined with the massaging, and the attention seem to really help her out. Hot baths are good as well. Advil is pretty good for cramps I hear (I asked my mom; she's a woman AND a nurse 8) )

Some girls just like to be left alone, especially if its bad, and theyre feeling particularly disgusting... I know I have moments like that. Attention from my boyfriend is lovely, but sometimes my period turns me into a monster -> : best to stay away!!! So yeah, make sure she is happy for you to stick around.

That said, I'm sure she will be appreciative of your attention and kindness, and all of those remedies will help her out.

I personally recommend Midol. While I was just growing through that stage, and had mild pains, even as much as being uncomfortable, I would take it. (Boy, if that doesnt sound like a commercial)-

Hot baths are nice too, or if things aren't too bad perhaps you both rent a chick-flick and have a girls night!