July 4th a day you spend with your family and not a friends?

I don't have any plans for the 4th yet and neither does this other girl that I know. I like her a lot and I'm pretty sure she likes me as a friend. I just want to at least get to hang out with her. So what I'm trying to ask is this. Is July 4th supposed to be a day that you spend with your family and not a friend? Do people usually spend it with their families? If they do then I should just leave her alone and let her spend more time with her family right? I was about to ask her if we could hang out on the 4th but I wasn't sure whether it would be disrespectful since the 4th may be a day where you should spend time with your family. Appreciate any advice.

I used to spend time with my family & a friend, but last year & this year I will be spending it with my boyfriend & his friends. I know some people spend time with their families, or friends. Its just a personal choice I guess. You could always ask her. Theres no harm in that. Then if she wants to spend it with her family, she would tell just you & then you would know that that was what she wanted to do. Or else she could say that she would love to hang out with you. All you need to do is ask. Don't assume anything because you don't know for sure until you ask.