Eddie

4 months into NC I heard she was seeing someone else already. She must have moved on in a few weeks. Let me tell you that knocked the guts and heart out of me and set me back to day 1, infact even worse. A lot of people say it will make you stronger, time will heal, blah blah blah, but I think this life event could well kill me. I guess I am a weak Man.

What I am saying is prepare yourself for the fact despite what everyone on here says, it might not get better, at least for years maybe.

I function now. I can eat and sleep which I couldn't do at the start so I guess people will say that is progress. I carry on the essential functions of living but I am not living, just existing.

I hope you cope better than me.

Sure she is wondering the same too my friend. I tend to believe if you get dumped you tend to move on in the right way and try to better yourself.

if you dump i feel you dont feel as much pain and just go onto the next one not really knowing what you want - that is what a friend told me the other night.

problem is i knew what i wanted and lost it

I function now. I can eat and sleep which I couldn't do at the start so I guess people will say that is progress. I carry on the essential functions of living but I am not living, just existing.

This is describing my daily routine perfectly. Trapped in basic survival mode at 10 weeks since he left me for someone else after twelve beautiful years. Hoping from all my heart it will get better in time. At this point it just seems impossible.

Hey all, keep strong peeps!

I'm 6 months out and I'm surfing on the mother of all emotional waves at the moment, thought I'd be okay by now but I'm not, I'm staying NC so I can try and get over this, I don't need the setback of finding out she's moved on or is with someone else. I even broke my phone last night because I was afraid I'd drunk text her to tell her how I feel and the possible answer I may get.

Danny C and Mttens you are doing great, existing is better than how you were, at least you are doing the basics, took me months to just exist again, I still walk about in a daze sometimes, I don't think I'm progressing but I am and so are you.

Paulo

Archived