With age we get bitter at the youth that we had spent

On alcohol, on drugs, on sleeping in again

On love, on loss, on things that keep us awake

the simple things we love, become complicated things we hate

With age comes a coldness that burns deep deep inside

With age comes a time when were full of inner peace

With age comes a time when sleep eternally

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a long time since i've read the poems in this section, and i was just looking a titles and seeing which ones interested me. When i saw you had written this one i had to read it, because i remembered the others i used to read of yours and how much i really enjoyed reading them. So that in itself is a compliment for you.

I like poetry that reflects the way this one did. Looking over what used to be important, and the way it changes. So, i really liked this one

With age, I feel sadness of precious moments that will never be again......

Like my precious children who are now men.........

Every smile, every step I missed......

I lay awake at night in deep regret...........

For the tears I caused, for the tears I didn't wipe, for the bedstories I didn't tell......

I feel deep remorse for my tough words, for my bad examples, for not being the best, purest, most loving mother my kids deserve......

That is what age has done to me.......

Sorry.........

Well its been a long time since i've read the poems in this section, and i was just looking a titles and seeing which ones interested me. When i saw you had written this one i had to read it, because i remembered the others i used to read of yours and how much i really enjoyed reading them. So that in itself is a compliment for you.

I like poetry that reflects the way this one did. Looking over what used to be important, and the way it changes. So, i really liked this one

I'm touched that you both like my work and that you would read this just because you've read my previous works. I'm very honored. I am also happy it relates to you although I hope it is in a good way

With age, I feel sadness of precious moments that will never be again......

Like my precious children who are now men.........

Every smile, every step I missed......

I lay awake at night in deep regret...........

For the tears I caused, for the tears I didn't wipe, for the bedstories I didn't tell......

I feel deep remorse for my tough words, for my bad examples, for not being the best, purest, most loving mother my kids deserve......

That is what age has done to me.......

Sorry.........

This is what poetry does. It evokes emotions. You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about. With age we remember, but we can't live in regret because if we do, it will consume us.