2 years of my life, left behind in a single day.

Don't take this personal, but it sounds to me like she became annoyed at some wussy behaviour that you were showing towards her. Be first to separate next time you see the warning signs and focus on getting another girlfriend. Live and learn my friend...

virtualjedi, I'm sorry you are going through this. I went through something similar last year---and did the begging and pleading thing too. It was awful. It took so long to let go, but once I did he came knocking on my door and I said NO WAY!

That's what you gotta do right now. As much as it hurts you and you think your life is over with, you muster up every ounce of courage and strength you have and walk away. Instead of moping, you try to find a way to reinvent your life and you take action even on the days you feel like staying under the covers. Force yourself---and make a schedule to keep yourself busy instead of wallowing.

If you do this, I promise you (and I'm willing to bet money!) that you'll feel better...and she'll come sniffing around.

And remember, you are worth so much more than this, and she is not the end all to be all. Learn how to take someone like this off their pedestal.

I hope you feel better!