Evenings are quieter

...and (temporarily) lonely.

Gosh that's the biggest thing that stands out to me, now being broken up with my ex. When I would normally be chatting silly stuff with him, cuddling up, watching movies, eating dinner with him, etc., instead I am sitting here alone in my house. It feels weird. What do you do to fill the time?

I suppose I could go to the gym.

hahah yeah exactly... thats the problem right there !! Before i ever get into another relationship i am making sure my life is filled before hand. I know exactly what you mean.

I think thats a major problem with alot of relationships, you sort of lose your own identity, and become one unit...

Yup. In the beginning of the relationship I stopped doing a lot of the things that I liked to do because I'd rather spend time with him, and unfortunately he didn't want to go do some of the things I was interested in. Sure I could have gone alone (which I did sometimes) but obviously I let things slip in my own life to be with him. Hmm...

So what are ya thinking.. are you going to join a meetup group? I joined a few yesterday! I was also part of an indie film meetup group ..I guess I'll start meeting up with them again.

Yeah, it takes a while to get use to not having that part of your schedule taken up by them. I just joined a bunch of extra curricular actives. Things that I've always wanted to do but have let pass me by because of not fitting into my life at the time. One of those things for me was martial arts, after countless childhood dreams of being a kungfu warrior I finally decided to give it a chance

Do what you can to keep yourself busy. I was fortunate enough to have a very busy schedule thrown on my lap the day after my girlfriend of 5 months and I broke up , my first love and all. To start things off, I had a school music performance literally 24 hours after we broke up. 5 months of having her in my life. It took a while to adjust. It should.

Yeah , it is lonely , but it'll get better over time. You will establish new habits , and so will your ex. Hang with friends and make new ones.

A great quote a friend of mine sent me that helped a little bit:

"There are always moments when one feels empty and estranged. Such moments are most desirable for it means the soul has cast its moorings and is sailing for distant places. This is detachment - when the old is over and the new has not yet come. If you are afraid, the state may be distressing; but there is really nothing to be afraid of. Remember the instruction: whatever you come accross - go beyond."

Just keep going. You will heal in time. Sending hugs your way.

Archived