How do I break up with someone?

If you truly believe that this person would physically hurt himself, then this is definetly beyond your control. You need help for a case like that, so I suggest you talk a psychiatrist or a counselor. If he or someone else is in no physical danger, then you should just come right out. Be soft with it. Remember this rule: For every one reason you say you want to break up for, tell him three good things about himself. It tends to cool down the burn a bit. If you're mentally anguished, there is no reason to keep suffering. Just analyze the situation and any dangers, then seek any help you may need. You'll be fine, he'll be fine.

I think you have to be true to yourself and your bf about your feelings. If you think he might do something dangerous is there a friend of his you can talk to keep an eye on him.

I think that lillady898 is a great response, especially with the soft approach. Be soft when you talk to him but be sure that he understands its final.

In time you will both get over it.

• 2 weeks later...

wow this is crazy! i havr the same exact problem as u!!! im afraid he will kill himself, because i know he is suicidal and once he said if we broke up he would kill himself. I know this sounds like somthin he said so i wouldn't break up with him, but if u had heard the conversation u would think otherwise. I can't explain it, but he was serious. PLEASE HELP ME!!! SOON!!!

love from,

chelseybug

Well...breaking up is never really easy. However if you really feel that you do not want to go on with the relationship you have got you should just break it off. Say it.

However, there are different ways of saying things. Personally I have always been annoyed by the "we'll always be friends thing" seeing as it doesn't work most of the time. And don't so the I will always love you thing. It's just not true. Be honest about your feelings. Tell them that if they really love you they can impossibly want you to be unhappy.

If you want to stay in contact with them do. However always make it clear how you fell and that you do not want this relationship anymore. And do not let them pressurize you. As a friend of mine always said: "crying is blackmail". Even if they say they'll commit suicide. Because most of the time it is just an attempt of keeping someone by giving them a bad conscience. Make clear that this will not change your feelings. If you really still care about them, you can still offer them a friendship, at least being there for talking to each other or so...

Be as nice as you can, but at the same time be firm, strong and very clear on why you do not want this anymore. Again, if they love you they should not want you to be unhappy...