Visions that help you stay on track

What helped me the most was deciding to rid High Fructose Corn Syrup from my diet. Whether you believe that HFCS is evil or not, your food choices become very limited and you will just eat better food.

It's not really a vision, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway.

What helped me the most was deciding to rid High Fructose Corn Syrup from my diet. Whether you believe that HFCS is evil or not, your food choices become very limited and you will just eat better food.

It's not really a vision, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway.

I don't even know what HFCS is, or what it is in even though I usually try to make good choices.

Honestly, if I really want to eat a food, I eat it. Instead of thinking in terms of telling myself "no", I make the foods that aren't good for me unappealing so I don't want them.

Mayo is an example. I think mayo tastes great. But I don't eat it. I visualize it as fat on my body - which it is. And how much work I have to do to balance out that fat I'm taking in just for mayo on a sandwich or something. Nah, I'd rather have a thicker sandwich with more veg or something than that little bit of mayo.

It works for me. Nothing is off limits, but there are some things that even that I crave sometimes, I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole bc the taste just isn't worth the price in terms of what it does to my bod.

So my vision I guess is having to work out twice as hard, myself running up a hill for a tablespoon of mayo or something lol, and how much I'd rather not work out like a fiend just to have that extra bit now.

I don't like eating foods that make me feel real sluggish and lazy. I work in a field which requires me to be at my best, be at my healthiest and sometimes able to perform tasks that are not only dangerous but unhealthy. The better the food that I eat, the better my body can perform. It's just the same as putting bad gasoline into a high-performance engine. I stick with a lot of veggies, rice, lean meats, water and ice-t.

Archived