As some of you may know, I flirted with the idea of being friends with the ex (on off for 5+ years)..have since decided not to try this. Sent her an email (which was firm but nice) about how I will never get back with her. I had to reclaim some dignity. I didn't say a word about friendship. This is where I'm at. Bung

Good. The day my ex and I broke up, my ex came to pick up some of his stuff he wanted to keep in touch as he "cares about me" so I said OK didn't really want to but I thought I should give it a try. Next thing I know he is telling his cousin the girl who hated me from the day she found out he is with me (because I am not Christian and if we were to marry it's not equally yoked blah blah) that he "won't be making a habit of talking to me" so I deleted anything connecting us. Being friends with someone you slept with is not a good idea lol and especially in your situation all the pain she has caused you not once 3 times =|

I'm sorry it did not work out. Disappointed for you. I wish I could say something other than an annoying platitude like "Time heals all wounds" but it's true - as long as you are in complete NC.

Sounds like you have the right attitude, though. Hang in there.

Archived