Pill question

Springs

Take it on the day you expect your period. The pill will more than likely regulate your periods from here on in anyway. Brown discharge doesn't mean you'll have your period today but it won't be far behind. You can't be too late, if you take it on the day of real bleeding or the day you were supposed to start, it will do the job regardless.

XX

Ok, it's fine I've definitely got my period now..thanks everyone..

So I've never used it before, but my doc says if I start it on the first day of my period it is effective straight away. Does that mean it would be safe for me to have sex next week without a condom?? (we are both std free)

Ok, it's fine I've definitely got my period now..thanks everyone..

So I've never used it before, but my doc says if I start it on the first day of my period it is effective straight away. Does that mean it would be safe for me to have sex next week without a condom?? (we are both std free)

I would wait until after your next period to be safe.....if he cant wait to go uncapped...at least be sure to pull out

I'd wait at least two weeks for the body to adjust to the pill before having condom free sex, and maybe even pull out the first month youre on it, bodies are weird and take time to adjust to the hormones and period schedule. I really hope youre serious about std free as in tested very recently and sure he's not prone to cheating.

1 week (that is 7 days) of taking the Pill religiously AND around the same time each day will protect you from pregnancy after that week. This is a fairly conservative answer...some people don't want to wait that long and say that it may be effective after as little as 3-4 days!

A week should do it to be on the safe side. and you'll be fine. Just be sure to NEVER forget your pill and it's best to take it around the same time everyday, so pick a good time to take it and stick with it.

Archived