So sick of being shy!!!

I been single for nearly 3 years and i'm sick of being alone I know that my shyness has alot to do with it.

I'm really sweet, loving and funny *I try to be lol* but all thats going to waste because of my shyness and no one gets to know that side of me I know that some guys like me, but everytime I like a guy and I'm certain he likes me too I end up getting neavous around them and missing my chance to ask them out.

Theres a guy i really like * I mentioned him in another post* I'm certain he likes me for so many reasons and I missed my chance to ask him out I don't know if I'll ever see him again, but I know if I do I'll still be too shy to ask him out I really really really like him alot! and I don't want to give up on him because I'm sure I'll see him somewhere *hopefully* Does anyone know a realistic way of overcoming my shyness enough to let him get to know me better? or to ask him to go for a drink with me?

I haven't talked to him much and he's usualy around his friends. I really like him and I don't want my shyness to ruin another oppertunity for me... I don't wanna be single forever and he and I have alot in common. He's not shy, but he is around me so I'll have to make the first move.

Thanks,

- Starkitty

There are a couple of ways to overcome shyness.

Keep thinking of yourself as an outgoing person. If you keep telling yourself that your mind will eventually come to believe it.

-"I think thereforeeee i am."

Set small goals for yourself like saying hi to any guy you think is cute. start out slow and work your way up.

It never hurts to just dive in and take a chance. This is the best method (i think). Don't worry about being embarrassed or rejected. eventually you'll get used to doing this and it won't be such a big deal any more.

Good luck!