Which ear-ringed ear meant you were gay?

I'm a bit confused. Years ago if a male had an ear-ring in a particular ear (can't remember if it it was right or left) it meant he was gay.

However, it seems these days that some straight guys wear ear-rings in both ears.

What's the story here. Has meaning changed? Or does it depend on which country you're in?

When I was younger... we always just "knew" that straight guys with one earring were only supposed to wear it on their LEFT ear to make sure people knew they were straight.

Uh... kinda seems silly now though when I think about it. Isn't being gay or straight about who you are attracted to and not where you wear an earring?

I don't think this is a thing anymore - was it really ever? I wouldn't put any stock in it. I know straight guys with two earrings, and one earring, but I don't ever think about which one it is. Getting to know someone is easily the best way of finding out who they date.

yeah around here it still is...right ear means your gay...i have mine in both ears...1 cartliage each side, and 2 regualr piercings on each side..3 all together on each side...i wear small diamond studs.

but i also get alot of gay jokes from my friends, even my parents friends for having my tongue pierced..i like it and so do the ladies, so who really is the fool..lmao

Here in NYC...straight guys wouldnt be caught dead with an earring in their right ear. Its strictly the left if you're straight. On the other hand, a lot of guys these days wear an earring in BOTH ears and somehow thats acceptable. Wear two earrings and you're less gay???? Hmmm...isnt that ironic?!?!?

Archived