drunk texted my ex, he responds several times, now what should I do?

I drunk texted my ex last night asking if he was awake. He responded back immediately and asked what’s up. I didn’t respond and then 10 minutes later, he asked again. I went to bed instead, crying my eyes out because I missed him and for texting him. This morning, I was thankful that he actually didn’t end up immediately calling me back instead as I would have said a lot of regretful things in my sobbing state. He texted me this morning asking if I got his texts and that he hopes everything is okay. I didn’t respond and then he called me but I didn’t pick up.

Should I call or text him back anything? I am (or was) committed to doing NC after being friendly with my ex was hurting so bad. It would have been a week of NC – I have so many rollercoaster NC moments, it’s ridiculous. Should I take this opportunity to call and let him know I need to drop off the radar for a bit, or should I just remain cool and text back to say “everything’s fine."

If he broke up with you then, as hard as it is, I would go back to NC without saying anything. I think he would be able to work out that you may well have had a sad/drunk moment and are probably regretting it. If, on the other hand, you broke up with him then for his sake I think you owe him an apology and/or a small explanation.

He broke up with me, and it's been a little more than 2 months but I have kept it very friendly and remained cool about everything minus a few times I begged in the beginning. Then I tried to be friendly and open about being friends, but I now am realizing I am not ready to be friends at all.

So just ignore it and move on? Or say "everything was fine, thanks."? There is a HIGH chance I will see him tonight in my class. What then?

He broke up with me, and it's been a little more than 2 months but I have kept it very friendly and remained cool about everything minus a few times I begged in the beginning. Then I tried to be friendly and open about being friends, but I now am realizing I am not ready to be friends at all.

So just ignore it and move on? Or say "everything was fine, thanks."? There is a HIGH chance I will see him tonight in my class. What then?

just see him in class and say...sorry about the text. everything is ok'...and then that's it. if he's not in class, text him....but no back and forth. he may be really concerned.

I'm thinking about just texting him right now to let him know everything is okay. So that I can just try to avoid seeing him in class. Seeing him and then explaining why I missed his texts and call in person would be more painful I feel.

Thoughts?

And yes, I think he probably was really concerned. Sigh, why else would he call even in the morning? I feel awful.

I'm thinking about just texting him right now to let him know everything is okay. So that I can just try to avoid seeing him in class. Seeing him and then explaining why I missed his texts and call in person would be more painful I feel.

Thoughts?

And yes, I think he probably was really concerned. Sigh, why else would he call even in the morning? I feel awful.

yep..that's what i would do. just get it over with, and start fresh after you text...

Archived