Discomfort about a day after sex - anything to worry about?

Laymisse

I slept with a guy a day or so ago and since then i've been experiencing slight discomfort in my abdomen. It feels like very slight twinges and tugging sensation, also a bit queasy but not to the point where i think i'm going to be sick. I'm on the pill but only started my new pack five days ago so shouldn't be getting my period for another 2-3 weeks. I didn't feel the discomfort straight after sex, it came on about nine or ten hours later. It doesn't hurt but i was just curious if anyone else has ever had it? It's lasted about 30 hours now.

Hope someone can help!

Sometimes "strenuous" sex can cause cramping afterward. I've had it happen before. Also, if he bumped your cervix, it can cause a little pain and cramping too. I would take some Advil and use a heating pad for pain relief. It should pass in a couple of days. If it's not gone by about 5 days or so afterward, then maybe a call to your doc is in order.

But note..that is you spike a fever, start vomitting/diarrea, or the pain gets worse, then get to your doc or an emergency room.

Archived