What are my chances?

O.k there is this girl that I worked with for about 8 months or so. I really liked her and never asked her out before she quit about 1.5 months ago. My prom was last month and I gave her a call and asked her if she would like to go with me and she said yes. However she got in a good bit of trouble with her parents for partying and was not aloud to go. I believe she is telling the truth cause when I called she knew I already bought the tickets and rented my tux and she was willing to pay for it lol. Well I called her up about 2 weeks before my prom just to check to see if anything changed, she said it hadnt and that she was sorry. Well I havn't talked to her in about 1.5 months and I would really like to go out with her. When I worked with her she was always fun to be around she always smiled and came over to talk to me and stuff like that. What do you think? If I have to ask it will have to be over the phone cause we go to differnent schools although I do know where she lives just not where she works now.