The first place where you gain weight = last place you will lose it?

g84

I have heard a few times that the first places on your body where weight-gain starts to show will usually be the last place that you lose it. I was wondering if this has been your experience?

When i lost a good amount of weight several years ago, i don't remember noticing whether this was true or not in my case.

I think i tend to carry a little more weight on the lower half of my body than my upper half. I've tried on some of my old jeans recently, but i don't feel a difference lol. Though, i do notice a difference in my arms, a bit on my stomach, etc.

I definitely won't stress over it though, but i was just wondering what your experience has been with this?

thanks!

I haven't found this to be true at all.

I lost some weight in the past. I am susceptible to belly fat as I have PCOS.

When I gained weight, belly fat was the FIRST to come, but when I lost it, it was the first to go!

The other extremities, upper arms, thighs...those were harder to lose but I didn't have much there because they came on VERY slowly.

Well, I first gained weight in my boobs, I hope it isn't the first place I lose it...

I wouldn't worry...

I feel a little disproportionate right now because I still have my boobs from when I was heavier. They don't seem to go down for me. guess it's good, right?

I wouldn't worry...

I feel a little disproportionate right now because I still have my boobs from when I was heavier. They don't seem to go down for me. guess it's good, right?

You betcha baby. My husband doesn't want me to lose weight for this fact alone. He likes my boobies...lol.

I've actually read that belly fat is gained the fastest, and lost the fastest.

It's true for me and some others, but probably not for everyone.

But it explains a lot...usually it's your belly/middle area for why you can't fit into those jeans suddenly...it's not because your thighs grew overnight or something.

I guess i was thinking that it could be true for my case; so far i've noticed weight loss more in the upper half, but when i tried on the jeans, i felt a tiny bit dissapointed, lol. I'm thinking that my thighs/hips was likely one of the first places where i gained within the last couple of years, but i never really thought about it then.

Archived