Seems like he cant say 'i love you' anymore.

jilki

I am starting to question if my boyfriend still loves me. I know this might sound silly...

He told me he loved me at the start of the year.

In the last month, he has not said it at all. Before this he used to.

- I said 'i love you' (granted it was in a text), but he was texting me that he was worried about me as i was sick and i said that but i got NO reply.

- i've said 'love you' but got nothing back.

- i posted a cute little 'love you this much' picture on his facebook but it was ignored. got no comment. not even a like or 'aww'. I know some dont like this BUT he has done this to me on my page etc etc..so i know it doens't bother him.

The only thing he has done is 'xxxx' at the end of a message and once with 'love lots'. thats it.

EDIT - he also said a few times 'because you love me', in a smiley way when he was talking about something for me to do.

Should i be worried?

he had no problem saying it before.

To men it's like this: When you meet someone, you tell them your name? Now everytime you meet them, they should know your name so you don't say it everytime right? That would be redundant.

Cross-apply that logic.

Sure, that makes sense about why he wouldn't say it FIRST..

but when his girlfriend is saying to to him, there's no need to ignore it with no reply..

surely, there's something more than just 'redundance' going on here..

To men it's like this: When you meet someone, you tell them your name? Now everytime you meet them, they should know your name so you don't say it everytime right? That would be redundant.

Cross-apply that logic.

What? um, what??

Using the same logic, a guy wants to have sex with his girlfriend and she says, "We'e had sex once already, you know what it feels like so we don't need to have it again."

For someone in a relationship to have previously said "I love you" and then stop, there is something going on. Sure, some people (not just men) don't say it often, many of us do. Either has has got what he wanted by saying it, or he has started to lose his feelings. Again, a conversation needs to be initiated about it.

Have you asked him if he has had a change of feeling?

but when his girlfriend is saying to to him, there's no need to ignore it with no reply..

For someone in a relationship to have previously said "I love you" and then stop, there is something going on. Sure, some people (not just men) don't say it often, many of us do. Either has has got what he wanted by saying it, or he has started to lose his feelings. Again, a conversation needs to be initiated about it.

Nope i haven't asked him. the past few weeks have been a bit 'rocky' i supose. Hope this isn't too much information, but this past weekend, we didn't have sex. I usually see him once a week, very rarely twice, so thats sex once a week. Always has been. From what i hear about sex and men all the time, its strange that he doesn't want it and willing to wait weeks? i dunno.

Each time i've said it, is been ignored. Its making me not want to say it...now im too nervous to say it to his face coz i dont know what im gonna get.

The one message that he sent me with "love lots'' - SHOULD have been a message where he puts the full wording...but nope. i highly doubt he just left the 'u' out of it for love u lots.

it may be nothing, but past few weeks haven't been that great and with that and this, i just have a terrible feeling......

Cross-apply that logic.

Not all men feel this way. Some show respect and caring to their girl by saying it. Women NEED to hear I love you. Until you learn this, expect many failed relationships.

My ex was like that to me too. I brought it up and he told me that he just wasn't interested anymore. We had a mutual breakup and are fine being around each other now. I now have a much better bf who tells me everyday that he loves me. He always says things like, "I dream of you being my wife." Someday, you'll find a man who will love you they way you love him. If the feeling isn't mutual, though, as much as it may hurt, sometimes you just have to let go.

My ex was like that to me too. I brought it up and he told me that he just wasn't interested anymore. We had a mutual breakup and are fine being around each other now. I now have a much better bf who tells me everyday that he loves me. He always says things like, "I dream of you being my wife." Someday, you'll find a man who will love you they way you love him. If the feeling isn't mutual, though, as much as it may hurt, sometimes you just have to let go.

Wow.

Can someone really just fall out of love with in a few months of saying it for the first time?

Surely he would have said it only if he was sure. it took a while for both of us to say it. He has only said it to one other girlfriend about 10 years ago. He did tell me he was affraid to fall in love again. So it took him ages to say it to me, i wouldn't think he would have said it if he wasn't sure...

he's never been the overly lovey dovey type, and before neither of us said it constnatly, but when one did, it was always repeated back, or something said.

Oh i missed out on my first post, that in that month he has said a couple of times like "because you love me"

Archived