When he calls you everyday...

sweetooth

and sometimes twice a day, even if you see him in passing (say you frequent this certain location a lot and you see him there as he works there anyway...)

Do you ladies like that? Do you get annoyed? Isn't it overkill to have so much communication, especially if it's only been two dates? This question can also apply to guys, vice versa.

It just seems like the past couple guys I have date like SO MUCH CONTACT! I am wondering if it's just my aloofness, they are just the way they are, or I am just not into them? I just think it's overkill.

Thanks for reading!

I agree. I think it's moving a bit too quickly to have someone calling several times a day after just 2 dates. Although, everyone is different and maybe this is just his style. Still, I would prefer one call a day (or not even everyday!) at that early stage - max.

Hmm ok because I really don't want to go so fast, plus usually the faster you go, the faster it fizzles out! I would honestly prefer a call every so often, or every other day, not daily...

Should I say something ? Ignore his calls (which I have done) and see if he gets it? I don't want to play games but he doesn't seem to understand I have a life....

And thank you both for responding!

Yes, you are absolutely right. I think (from personal experience) that the quicker a relationship advances in the early stages, the more likely it will be for one or both of you to want to scale back or end things. Pacing is very important when seeing a new person, and when someone rushes things by calling too much, etc., it can put too much pressure on you. Maybe bring it up in a casual, humorous way the next time he calls so he knows that it is a bit too much for you at this point.

Archived