How do I deal with this?

Parthew

Well, let me start of by saying that your site has helped me a great deal and I just want to thank all of you for all the great advice!

Well, basically, my friend asked out the girl I have liked for a while now. I have told him this, but I don't think he did it intentionally...I mean I consider him to be my little brother. He asked me if I was okay with it, I said I was because I couldn't bring myself to hurt him. I feel like I should tell him but if I do, he may break it off with her because of me. And I dont want him to do something like this on account of me. I can't face myself anymore now, I wish I had acted or that I would do something now, but I am afraid of hurting him which is the last thing I want to do at this point...so yeah.

Sorry about that...thats probably really confusing. What should I do?

Suck it up.

You only liked her and weren't dating her so you had no claim on her whatever.

I know...I know...lame advice huh? Not what you wanted to hear. But he obviously likes her, and they are happy right? If you really really liked either of them, you'd be sad for you but happy for them.

I know...still sucks huh?

I said I was because I couldn't bring myself to hurt him. I feel like I should tell him but if I do, he may break it off with her because of me.

So he's already asked her, she's said yes, & they have a date planned?

If you said yes at the outset when he checked with you that it was okay & he's already asked, I don't think there is much that you can do.

. And I dont want him to do something like this on account of me.

Well, if this is mostly true (though a part of you feels dif.) then that seems to be your answer. If you, yourself say that you wouldn't want him to break it off on your account then I suppose you'd have to leave it be.

You could always share with him what happened on the whole thing. That you hesitated to tell him & that you are kind of uncomfortable but that you will try to work with whatever happens in it all.

So he can decide himself from there... He may continue, which given the circumstances, I don't think he'd be doing anything "wrong" even though unfortunately it would be more difficult on you...

If she said/says yes to him then I guess it means she likes him also....

Wishing you well with it all...

Archived