condoms

DD123

Condoms takes away a LOT of feeling. It feels like rubber SERIOUSLY, but I use one because I don't want babies. : /

Condoms are evil but it protects. Better safe than sorry I guess. Packet of condoms = 5-6 bucks, vs thousands of dollars on raising a kid.

It's all in the mind. People always say it sucks to wear one but you train your mind to think it will suck to put one on so when you do use a condom it "feels" like nothing.

The mind is the best Sex Organ. I think people should retrain their brains into think "With this Condom it will be just as good or equally as good with out a condom, plus no babies or STD's *BONUS!*"

It's all in the mind. People always say it sucks to wear one but you train your mind to think it will suck to put one on so when you do use a condom it "feels" like nothing.

The mind is the best Sex Organ. I think people should retrain their brains into think "With this Condom it will just as good or equally good with out it, plus no babies or STD's *BONUS!*"

Is true! I never thought of it that way.

The mind is the best Sex Organ. I think people should retrain their brains into think "With this Condom it will be just as good or equally as good with out a condom, plus no babies or STD's *BONUS!*"

Lying isn't nice.,

Pretty authoritative for someone who's never had sex.

I prefer not using condoms - I've used them a few dozen times in my life, but mostly have relied on the pill or implant.

As far as putting them on goes, I've never had a girl put one on, but barring the thai-style (I think) putting-it-on-with-her-mouth, I figure it's gotta be even more of an awkward mood-breaker. I'd be interested to hear from those who know.

guys, how do you feel about condoms. do you mind putting it on yourself? taking it off? is it a turn off to do it yourself or would you prefer the woman does it for you?

It's not really a big deal. I honestly don't find it a problem at all, and I prefer to put it on myself as I like to be sure it's perfect.

I haven't had sex without a condom on ever. I have used condoms a lot and never ever had a problem with them apart from once when I wasn't that experienced and was using one of the thinner ones. I think a watch or a ring scratched it and it split during. Neither of us noticed, there was skin to skin contact as a result of the split and by chance alone this was discovered. I just couldn't tell the difference. Therefore I personally do not feel that there is much of a difference between wearing one or not in terms of feeling.

Since that happened watches, jewellery, and under-wired bras, are now all removed well before the packet is opened and my nails are always trimmed very short! Ever since I started following this rule I have never ever had a problem with condoms.

And How am I lying?

You aren't a guy and you're a virgin. I'd hardly say that makes you an authority on if condoms have an effect on how sex feels. And as a girl I will say I can definitely notice a difference, and I know it isn't "in my head" or whatever. I don't like the feeling of a condom.

However I'm not advocating the idea of having sex without one if you don't know someone's sexual history, or you aren't on a method of birth control. But if you're in a long term relationship where both parties are STD free, other means of birth control are much more preferable.

But to go around saying that it makes no difference when it's really not a subject you're experienced on is a bit ignorant.

As far as putting them on goes, I've never had a girl put one on, but barring the thai-style (I think) putting-it-on-with-her-mouth, I figure it's gotta be even more of an awkward mood-breaker. I'd be interested to hear from those who know.

That bolded part? Possibly the most disgusting thing during sex I've ever experienced. Sounds sexy, sure, until you've coated the inside of your own mouth with that nasty slimy muck condoms are made slippy with. And that's not even the pre-lubed ones - all of them seem to have a degree of lubrication, presumably to make them easy to get on and adjust, but god it tastes rough.

I'd far rather put it on him with my hands and put in a couple of strokes to keep him interested while I'm doing it, or lick his balls or something.

To go completely on-topic - yeah, condoms make a difference and I certainly prefer without, except under certain circumstances like outdoor sex - I'd rather have a neat parcel of sperm to throw away than have to walk around afterwards feeling sticky down below.

And How am I lying?

Because, telling yourself it's awesome and wonderful doesn't make it so. Hey, that cheating abusive boyfriend you have? (for example?) - Just close your eyes and tell yourself he isn't so bad. He really cares.

It's mind over matter, right?

I'd rather be honest. Condoms suck. They're a downer, they kill sensation and they are generally too tight.

But, they save lives. Lesser of two evils.

You aren't a guy and you're a virgin. I'd hardly say that makes you an authority on if condoms have an effect on how sex feels. And as a girl I will say I can definitely notice a difference, and I know it isn't "in my head" or whatever. I don't like the feeling of a condom.

However I'm not advocating the idea of having sex without one if you don't know someone's sexual history, or you aren't on a method of birth control. But if you're in a long term relationship where both parties are STD free, other means of birth control are much more preferable.

But to go around saying that it makes no difference when it's really not a subject you're experienced on is a bit ignorant.

Well since birth control is not an option for me (Family History of blood clots, and My mother would agree to it either way.) Condoms seems like the best thing since sliced bread.

I believe it's all in the head, Sex is Sex with or with out a condom so it should feel amazing not matter what, so why not just use the condom?

I believe it's all in the head, Sex is Sex with or with out a condom so it should feel amazing not matter what, so why not just use the condom?

Seriously. Take your naked hand and touch something with texture, anything at all, a loaf of bread, the sole of a shoe, whatever.

Wrap your hand completely in a layer of clingfilm. Now touch the same thing you touched before, and note the difference in sensation and how much you can actually feel.

Yes, men manage to have sex with condoms on. They come in a range, and once you get used to something it can get easier to work with. A lot of men are just used to using condoms. However - that does not mean that given the choice, they wouldn't prefer to go without. Imagine..... trying to kiss someone through a very thin, very flexible layer of plastic. You can still feel most of the heat of their mouth, you can get just as close as you could without it because it's fitted to you, but it's not quite the same.

You really cannot argue against this considering that you've never actually used a condom with a man, or had sex with a man without, or had sex. It's like someone who's never eaten fruit, trying to tell people that apples and pears taste basically the same.

Well since birth control is not an option for me (Family History of blood clots, and My mother would agree to it either way.) Condoms seems like the best thing since sliced bread.

Many guys will be fine with condoms if that's what worries you.

You can also look up non hormonal IUD's when you are older and have a long term partner. You can use it to double the protection or if the guy isn't okay with noncondom use.

You have options other than condoms. But, most guys will be fine with using condoms for a time.

There are more birth control options than the Pill, but if it isn't a personal choice for you fair enough. But to come out with statements like it doesn't make a difference and it's in the head when you've never had sex so have no experience with the matter is just ridiculous. How do you know? You've never worn a condom. You've never had a penis wearing one inside you. And you also have never had without. How can you possibly comment on something you have no experience of, not even comment but say it is in people's heads, despite thousands upon thousands of people preferring sex without. You're saying it's all in their heads?

Sex should feel amazing no matter what? You have a severely rose-tinted view of sex and I think you should really wait until you've had some experience before passing comments like this. People also aren't saying it's terrible with a condom, just that it is better without, as sensations are understandably affected. Think about the logistics; a rubber glove.

If you want to prove it to yourself, buy a condom, stick it around your finger and try touching something with it. Then try touching something without it. You will notice a difference.

I do think it's maybe best from refraining from sex though, especially if your mother is deciding what is approrpiate birth control for you.

I don't think anyone is saying not to use one. But they can sure make things different.

I have worn a condom once while masturbating, and it wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable as masturbating with out one.

Infact it wasn't good at all.

I'm uncut, and my head kept touching the condom. And that didn't feel good at all.

I had to take it off just to finish.

Archived