You never know what the future holds

ForumGuy

When we split up she had to keep saying "you never know what the future holds" and "people get re-married all the time".

I don't think comments like that are approriate when you are leaving and divorcing someone.

Has anyone had an ex say something like this to them?

What do they mean? Is she just trying to keep me on hold?

Been 5 weeks NC and I know I won't break it first.

"You never know what's going to happen"

"Some people get back together after 20 years and get married"

"I don't know what's going to happen"

Things my ex told me. I was hopeful. I kept asking her about it and it seemed she got agitated. Spoke to her sister and her sister told me my ex said strait up "not a slight chance" at reconciliation. That was heavy for me, meant it's over, forever.

From what it seems, that's not gonna happen. I'm moving on, she already has.

"You never know what's going to happen"

"Some people get back together after 20 years and get married"

"I don't know what's going to happen"

Things my ex told me. I was hopeful. I kept asking her about it and it seemed she got agitated. Spoke to her sister and her sister told me my ex said strait up "not a slight chance" at reconciliation. That was heavy for me, meant it's over, forever.

From what it seems, that's not gonna happen. I'm moving on, she already has.

yeah it sucks doesent it the BS.. my ex dumped me ended on good terms.. i guess.. then 3 weeks later is with some guy...month and a bit down the line still hasnt told me.

IMO, statements like that are either to make the dumper feel better by icing over the seriousness of the issue, OR to keep the dumpee on ice/hopeful for a reunion. I've had exes who made statements like that and later realized that it was only to keep me "around" in case they had second thoughts.

Archived