couple friends broke up & I want to give her advise.

monkeygirl12

My boyfriends best friend walked out on his gf (shes my friend). She is taking it really hard. Long story short. He had been staying out until 3-5am for a few days, she brought up that she would like to know when hes gonna be out all night (the 5am night he told her he was coming home early and then ended up at a strip club all night) well he agreed that he was out of line. and when the argument should have been over he wanted to keep talking about it, she gave him a smart remark of "ok well do whatever stay out however long" and he came home packing up his stuff and she just didnt know what was going on. he took everything and left the keys behind and wont talk to her.

I feel horrible for her.because she says he is so stubborn that he wont come back bc his pride wont let him. and shes also blaming herself bc she thinks if she would have not been smart with him things would have been different.

Idk what to tell her really & I wonder how this will affect my relationship since my bf is very influenced by his surroundings and his clique (they are in the music biz)..

Sounds to me like he wanted a way out and she just gave it to him.

If he was truly happy with her he wouldn't have been going out and staying out all hours of the night. It's crappy of him but it does sounds like he might have wanted out before her smart remarks and was acting out and when she finally called him on it he took the easy way out and just left. One smart remark isn't a reason to up and move out, so he must have had other reasons.

Tell your friend not to dwell on it and not to blame herself. He was obvuiously unhappy and needing space (hence taking it to the extreme and staying out all night and even moving out) so she needs to just let him be for a bit. All you can do is be a good friend to her and keep her busy and motivate her to work on herself.

Archived