No matter what I try, she's always that special girl...

Hi.

I really need your insight on this one, because I can't bend my mind away from my ex!

About 4 years ago, I got into a relationship with (let's call her) Summer. It was a stormy relationship that lasted for one year. The break-up was her doing, and it took me forever to get back on my feet again. I still had feelings for her during my next relationship, you see... The thing is, we always keept in touch somehow. We have a great friendship, and every time we hang out we have so much fun! However, our friendship has a tension in it: I have deep feelings for her, and I've told her so as well. They're not intense, but very warm and genuine. She's said that she loves me, but just not in that way. At least she's told me she has a clear policy on exes: She doesn't get back together with them (backed by the slogan been there, done that). I've told her that I respect this. I even took some months of NC just to get my head straight because breaking off our friendship is completely OUT OF THE QUESTION. This week we hung out, and again we connected and had fun. At our parting, there was a silence, and we smilingly stared into eachothe's eyes for some seconds. I don't want to over-reach here, but I know her well, and that was not nothing.

I'm in dire straits here, people! Any thoughts?

Wolf

People can say things they later don't stand by. I used to say once it's done I always walk away. That was true until I met my husband. We had ten happy years, separated once for a year and half, got back together, are separated again and I'm hoping to reunite. So you never know, she could possibly change her mind. Stay alive around her. Be yourself. Be open to flirting with others, even in her presence. If she can still have feelings for you they may resurface.

Archived