Brotherly love!

supernom

Hi, just wondering what you guys think about this situation.

I am 20, 21 in a couple of months. I was working part time during my last 2 years of school and have been working full time since January 2007 after finishing school. Family moved country in December 2008 which I was out of work for a few months then started another full time job until now.

My brother is 19 and started university in 2009 in the new country.

I have been paying my parents board since I started working full time which I have no problem with at all. But my brother has never had a proper job in his life, only delivered newspapers when he was younger. He has never had a part time job while at school or university. He eats more food than me, uses more electricity etc etc yet doesn't pay a thing.

He was off for the summer holidays for 3 and a bit months, and did not get a job at all. I have told my parents and they have said for 6 months now they will make him get a job like they did for me when I was still at school, but it never happens.

I think this is a bit unfair, but do you guys agree? Or do you think I am being arrogant/rude and should not get involved.

Thanks

You are looking at this all wrong. Even if it is technically unfair, I think you can prosper quite successfully using these challenging experiences to your advantage. If you want, you can grow to understand how lucky you truly are, by being challenged as you have been.

Archived