Dating an old friend?

Staple

Summary: Girl I've known for 5 years, we've been friends, but lost contact for like 2 years and recently we've been talking again. She's busy and all lately but we plan to meet up in April and talk etc...- anyways, I feel like there might be something.

So my question is, I like this girl, but what kind of a date do you take someone like this out on? Do I go all out (romantic restaurant etc.. etc..) or should it be more casual (movies or something)?

Go casual but do fun casual like mini golf or bowling. Or if there is any kind of festival take her to that. Try something more during the day as it is less intimate but drop hints. Like make sure she catches you sneaking peeks at her. Don't stare in a bad way but flirty glances right before you know she is about to turn her head. Just don't do anything all out or it can seem like to much. Just have fun.

Thanks for the advice, that's what I was thinking but needed to be sure. I'm pretty excited to try this out, I had a miserable breakup with my ex (2 year relationship, she cheated on me for a year with 3 people and I never knew) about a month ago, and I am so ready to move on and meet someone new.

Well good luck and on the first time out don't try to rush just to get back to dating. Just take it slow and really get to know the things she likes for a better second date. Also if relationships come up, then don't linger on the subject or she may feel like the rebound girl only. I have had plenty of friends who lost girls quick because they talked a lot about a recent break up.

I agree with casual. Just consider this is a time to "catch up" and not romantic. Getting coffee, or mini-golf, or bowling, or something you used to do together. Getting a pizza at a casual hole in the wall would be fine too. Just focus on catching up versus "date stuff". To me a movie seems "date-y" and I would make that the second meeting - the first should be to catch up and chat,

Archived