I'm a little intimidated at the thought...

mrvaughn

...of dating.

Never really been on many dates & only one in the last year. Problem is that i'm really shy & self conscious so (a. I never really ask any girls out, (b. talk to many girls at all & am uncomfortable if i am talking to a girl i'm attracted to & (c. I'm very worried about how any date would go, like what i would talk about, lol.

What the fudge do i do to overcome this problem, coz if i don't, i risk being some weird lonely dude, lol

Well, you can't learn to swim until you get in the water... so my advice would be to just start dating!

Try doing some online dates, the first few might be a bit awkward, but you'll get better with more experience. And its awkward for everyone, not just shy people, sometimes you get on a date with someone you just DON'T connect with at all. Other times you meet someone and have great conversation.

Well, you can't learn to swim until you get in the water... so my advice would be to just start dating!

Try doing some online dates, the first few might be a bit awkward, but you'll get better with more experience. And its awkward for everyone, not just shy people, sometimes you get on a date with someone you just DON'T connect with at all. Other times you meet someone and have great conversation.

This is true...it's just...I get the very real sense that people can sense my awkwardness in those situations. It's funny because i'm normally quite a confident person, but just not around new people/girls I like.

To be honest I think it's because I know that i'm quite eccentric and subconciously try to be what I think people expect in those situations. And because i'm not totally myself and being self conscious at those times, I don't come accross well

Archived