I snooped in his phone... he called me tonight drunk, advice please?

MizzTasha

So I've kind of been seeing this guy for the last 2-3 months. Nothing really serious. Started out with going on "official" dates and then we've slept together a few times, but not in the last 1 1/2 months. He works a lot and sometimes we don't talk for a week and I've flipped out on him a couple of times. Anyways, he can be a real sweet heart but the last time I went over his place I was a little tipsy and decided to look in his phone - and there's texts from a girl he's been with before so of course I kinda flip out and he said, "well if I was interested in her I'd have called her back. I only text her and the last time I saw her was when you saw her". We all "randomly" were at a bar one night like two months ago.. but it was kind of cool bc there weren't that many texts to her and it was just me in his phone. he doesn't text

Anyways, that was his response and it seems genuine enough. Kind of made me feel special and today he called me. he NEVER calls me on the weekends. he's always checked out and I've just learned to expect it. That's why I haven't slept with him in the last month and don't plan on it any more. but he never calls and tonight called when he was up in Vegas. I just was in the middle of a meeting and couldn't talk, but it was totally out of the blue. and then his buddy called me back drunk and knew my name.. so I guess his buddies know about me? They actually said my name right too which is rare for ppl I haven't met. Plus I've never met his friends, so it seems I might be more than a booty call? Enough for him to call me in the middle of a bachelor party on a Saturday night... seems like he was checking up to see what I was up to? which might suggest he's jealous...

so do you think he's interested? He seems to be playing the bad boy but I've just learned from him to restrain from my sexual impulses and in the last week it just seems like he's been pretty straight up and I just think he works a lot and isn't seeing anyone else. his personality is just very selfish/bachelor-like.

I flipped out on him when I found out he got a female room mate a month ago and when I asked him about this he said she was too young so I made sure I stayed long enough one night 'til she got home so I could see her and nope, not his type at all and he was actually being straight on.

any outside advice appreciated.

If it's "nothing really serious" as you say it is, you've got to ease up a bit. You're not exclusive with each other, and you appear to be very aware of this--so don't expect him to be committed to you and don't get mad if he's communicating with other women.

And don't try and determine someone's potential interest based on a drunk dial. If he's only able to show his interest when he's drunk, I'd be really wary of just how genuine that interest is.

Archived