Living in a place where EVERYTHING reminds you of them...

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting here. I have read a lot of different topics and other's situations and it seemed to help and I really liked how everyone was very supportive. So I decided to try it out.

My ex and I dated for over a year and a half. We met the summer before college and decided we really enjoyed ourselves and our company and found out we were going to the same four-year university. After the first year, we were really happy... Then things started to slip. Last quarter she broke up with me and it was the most painful thing i have experienced in any kind of relationship. We ended up getting back together a couple weeks later and everything was better than it has ever been for 3 months. then, just earlier this week, we had a talk. She explained how she feels we have started to branch out and started to become very different people (which I don't agree with at all). Anyway, our relationship ended. This is our second year here at school. I live in the on-campus apartments and she lives off campus so luckily I wouldn't see her very often.

The problem I have is that I only know this place (five hours from my hometown/parents house) with her. We have experienced the first year of college together. We have our favorite studying places, our favorite places to eat, our small inside jokes about objects and incidents and parties etc. I don't know how I can live here anymore. EVERYTHING reminds me of her our how amazing our relationship was. What do you guys think I should do? I have terrible anxiety problems and currently do not take medication for it, so I freak out about everything. I can't even sit in the library and study without thinking about "that one time in the library..." when i was with her. How can I get through this when everything I do reminds me of our relationship? As of right now, all I can think of is leaving here and moving someplace else.

this is a natural phase, and like everything else painful it passes. It passes quicker when you go to those places and enjoy other moments with other people. I know what you mean tho...ive jus been for a second viewing on a house, i didnt want to leave it and come back to my current house where it reminds me of ex, and this breakup pain.

Archived