Can't read her very well.

dietpepsi

Hey all, long story short.

My ex broke it off about 5 months ago, blocked my number and FB after i told her i could not be friends and lost my cool a bit. Told me straight up, I can not reconcile with you two months later. So I've disappeared for almost 3 months NC. We do work together, but at separate buildings, until now, we are in the same building again, and sit pretty close to each other. Occasionally when i would visit that building, I would catch her peeking out of the corner of her eye at me, then just recently I saw that my FB had been unblocked, last week we had several friendly email chats, most over work, 1 or 2 over personal email. We actually chatted 3 out of 5 work days last week. I am very casual and usually give the conversation an endpoint after 5 or 6 replies back and forth as to not drag it on. She has been very friendly in emails, much to my surprise, she actually answered my feeler email instantly, to which prior it was "get lost, I'd prefer you not contact me" block my number, FB etc.

Then the other day, she ducks me in the office building, we are on a collision course each going our way, she gets nervous i guess and retreats back into a cubicle and starts fidgeting with papers and looking down. I can tell day to day she does her best not to cross my path, which given the friendly and joking nature of our convos, and her unblocking my FB (dont know if number still is) I don't see why she would act so nervous to be around me, if we've had pleasant joking conversations, just like we used to. She decided to unblock me of FB before any type of contact was made on my part. (which convinced me to eventually send the feeler email)

I would think, that as plain as day as she made "never" sound, and the way she used to just ignore me being in the same room as her, but would never augment her path, now she purposely stays out of sight and takes alternate ways to avoid me, even though she's joking and being friendly in email the same days...

Anyone have any insight about these conflicting actions?

A simple "Hi" would be nice opposed to me obviously see you hide from me.

Just give her a little more time. She probably thinks that since she was nice to you in e-mail that you're going to bound right up to her and be all buddy buddy and it seems like she's not ready for that yet. Just treat her like any other co-worker for now. This isn't a game and even if she's playing one you don't have to participate. Just be yourself.

I'm going to go out on a limb here...

Before I came back, there was definitely no way she was going to ever talk to me, I mean really "Please never contact me" so then like I said I dropped off the face of the planet for close to 3 months, she had all these big plans for herself, like moving getting a new job, these things might have been part of the reason for the break up behind the scenes. Well, now all of those things haven't happened for her, and she is still in the same situation. During our NC of almost 3 months, I did all of the "working on me" things, I've dropped a lot of weight, toned up a bit, have a new wardrobe, I'm active, I'm looking good and feeling good, and feeling more motivated, and people around work seem to be really responsive to the new me. When i started showing up back in this building is when she became very receptive to talking with me.

But yet she is really nervous still to actually see me? You see where I'm going with this...I know I know I shouldn't, but does anyone think it's a possibility she might be experiencing some mixed feelings about us, and that's why she's nervous to see me? Confrontation on the emotional front is not her strong point, shes just as likely to ignore me even if she was the one posting on here about the reverse situation. It's just her personality. So i know she would never mention it, not knowing where I am in life since the last time we talked 3 months ago.

I honestly do want her back, but I want her back with chance of a fresh start, however I don't want to push too much at this point.

I've dated around, and tried to move on, but I still want her just as much as I ever did. :sad:

Archived