The Five Relationship and Dating Mistakes

You now have in your possession the five relationship and dating mistakes women and men make when selecting a partner. Make sure to use this as a guide when you meet people!

Mistake #1: Looks

How many times have you been burned by a handsome, good-looking man or fine and beautiful woman? Too many times correct?

Why do you continue to fall for them knowing your past experiences? Why would you base a relationship on how a person looks?

I am sure you desire much more from your partner than good looks. Unless they are a model or stripper, good looks don't pay the bills or make you happy.

Mistake #2: Height

I understand women like tall men and you feel protected with them. There may also be other reasons that I will not mention. Hint: Big Feet

However, height is no indication of how a man will treat you. What do you expect to receive from a tall man that a shorter man can't give you?

I can tell you from experience that the height of the man doesn't determine the heart of man. It is the heart of a man that shows if he is a good man and will treat you like a lady or a tramp!

Mistake #3: Potential

Do not get me wrong, a person possessing potential is good.

What I am talking about is when you select an individual based solely on their potential.

Potential is only one quality of a person and it does not mean they are good people. You need to identify other qualities they possess.

It is very important to identify if the person meets your needs. If you do not know what you need, then you are in big trouble.

Mistake #4: Funny

Having a person who is funny and has a sense of humor makes your life much easier to deal with. Laughing takes the focus off your problems and worries.

However, when your mate jokes around too much and is unable to get serious about life, it becomes a problem. This you do not want!

Focusing on this one quality, when you need more, would lead you down a road with many problems and headaches.

Mistake #5: Exciting

It's no surprise you are attracted to people who are exciting, fun and live on the edge. That rush you get when you are with or around them feels so good!

How long will you be able to lead that exciting life? While some people have excitement in their life regularly, very few get it everyday.

The search for a man/woman to provide you with that daily excitement may lead you down an irresponsible life path.

Think back to the people in high school who were exciting. Where are they now? I'm sure many of them are not doing so great!

It's important you realize that a few qualities from a man or woman are not enough to develop a happy relationship.

If you ever wonder why you are not happy in your relationships, look at the criteria used to pick your mate!

To see these mistakes in action pay attention to the shows and magazines that focus on the lives of movie stars, entertainers, athletes and the wealthy!

Mr. Good Man,

Oh my my my!!! You've described my ex to a tee. I usually like the men who are tall. I am tall, so it seemed natural to me. The ex was very good looking, always women waiting in the wings. Potential. He got a promotion just a few weeks after we split. The s-o-b. Funny? One of the most funniest men I've ever met. We always were laughing and joking about something. In the beginning anyway. Exciting? Oh very. I can't tell you how exciting he was. I can't find the words. There was no one else like him. I am afraid I will never find anyone that makes me feel like he did. I know there is some word for that, but I'm not sure what it is. I just know it's sad and it hurts and it's scary. What if I never have anyone that will make me feel as alive as he did? I don't want to go through life as if I'm only half-alive.

But Mr. Goodman, you've described my ex to a tee. Now what?

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Do you want to feel "alive" or "be happy?" I've been down the "alive" road and it was so much fun. Yet, I wasn't truly happy. Maybe you were.

That excitement you felt with your ex can be found again! You have it within yourself. Sure, you don't want to do things with yourself but you can. No man can live up to what you experienced before but they will bring something new.

If you allow yourself to let go and move forward you will be pleasantly surprised.

In my experience, the five relationship and dating mistakes are temporary things that can vanish in a heartbeat. You need something more stable. What is that something else? Only you have the answer to that!

My concern is the criteria people use to select a partner. In many cases it's flawed! But that's my opinion!

I think you have explained that very well and you seem to have got almost all of them. However i do think there is one more that could be included:

Money

Sometimes people choose parters based on how much money they have and how well that person can provide for them. This will not lead to a happy relationship because either of the parters will become bored and want something more satisfying. Money does not equal love.

Good job Mr. Good Man!!

abcd1234

• 7 months later...