social vs. professional power dynamics re: gender relations

Lucy__lou

Mmmmmm!

image removed

image removed

image removed

I wonder how you are going to fix it in the dark?

A long, long time ago, us men leaned of this thing called the "sun", which gave us light in which to work.

Then again, a generator works, too. Could you make me one of those while I work on this here carbeurator please, honey?

A long, long time ago, us men leaned of this thing called the "sun", which gave us light in which to work.

Then again, a generator works, too. Could you make me one of those while I work on this here carbeurator please, honey?

It will cost you a years worth "washing dishes".

Lords of Chaos

The Chaos Lords (females) have the powers of gods but the behavior, and often the appearance, of link removed. When they appear at their worst, they deliberately inflict pain and suffering on mortals (men) for amusement; even at best, they are not concerned with the harmful effects of their creation

Is this what you meant???

"There are many planes of existence. In some the Lords of Chaos are strong. In some they are weak. In some, I have heard, they do not exist at all".

The rolls could be give to both sexes, it is how we view the world that will influence our take on how we see this subject, it will never be clear for we all have a 360° view on life but we can't be in say 360 places at one's to see it out of someone else perspective.

Here here Dada. It's hilarious how as much as the pay & position level figures reveal gross pay inequality and huge disparity in terms of decision making and job levels between women and men, and minimal improvement over the last three decades, there is still an abundance of men who cry bloody murder whenever a shift towards balance occurs, and passionately deny that there is still a problem, insisting that the corporate world is woman dominated.

I agree with servedcold that the wage inequality statistics are flawed. So I went looking for more realistic statistics that take into consideration work experience and time off. The best I could come up with in a quick search was this quote (US based study):

When women behave in the workplace as men do, the wage gap between them is small. June O'Neill, former director of the Congressional Budget Office, found that among people ages 27 to 33 who have never had a child, women's earnings approach 98 percent of men's. Women who hold positions and have skills and experience similar to those of men face wage disparities of less than 10 percent, and many are within a couple of points. Claims of unequal pay almost always involve comparing apples and oranges.

From this link: link removed

So short of analyzing census data myself, I think wage gap claims are overblown (in the US and Canada at least).

Archived